October Home Maintenance List
Gibbon Heating & Air Conditioning has been serving Saskatoon and the surrounding area for over 40 years. We are a ‘total service’ company with trained technicians who can provide customers with solutions to all of their plumbing, air conditioning, and heating (HVAC) related requirements. As an Independent Lennox Dealer, the Gibbon Heating and Air Conditioning team is proud to provide prompt, courteous and professional service that is required by Lennox’s Quality standards. We are regularly evaluated through an independent customer satisfaction survey process. We are trained to design, install, service, and maintain home comfort and indoor air quality systems in Saskatoon and the area. In our review today, we are going to discuss your October home maintenance list.
The evenings are definitely shorter, the air conditioner has been turned off, you are ready to sit down and enjoy cups of hot chocolate in the evening while watching your favorite Netflix movie but did you double check your,
October Home Maintenance List
Service Your Heating and Cooling System
To make sure your heating system will keep you warm, call in Gibbon Heating and Air Conditioning professionals to inspect and service the HVAC system in your home. In addition to changing your air filter, they can:
- Test the safety controls that help prevent fires.
- Clean the blower and motor and make sure they’re in good repair.
- Test the furnace burner, switches, and thermostat.
- Check the unit and ductwork for leaks.
The October Home Maintenance List includes Install a Programmable Thermostat
While the Gibbon’s Installers are there, have them install a programmable thermostat. A programmable thermostat can be set so that your home is automatically cooler while you are gone for the day and heats up when you walk in the door of your home.
Clean and Lubricate Your Garage Door
A noisy garage door is annoying for everyone, it’s loud and jittery. Cleaning your garage door is easy:
- Give the door itself a good cleaning to remove grime and mildew from the summer’s heat and lawn chores.
- Use a rag to wipe dirt and debris out of the garage door tracks.
- Lightly lubricate the hinges, bearings, and springs with engine oil.
- If your door has metal rollers, you can also apply a little motor oil to them as well. If your door has nylon rollers, skip this step or else they may slip.
- Raise and lower the garage door a few times to distribute the lubrication.
Turn off the Water to your Outside Faucets
It’s important to turn off water to exterior faucets and hose bibbs before freezing temperatures set in. Failing to turn them off, may cause ice blockages and burst pipes. To winterize them:
- Turn off the water supply to the hose from inside the house.
- Disconnect and store any garden hoses.
- Remove and store splitters and other attachments.
- Open the faucet valve outside to drain trapped water from the line.
- Return to the water supply valve and drain remaining water from the bleeder valve.
By following these steps you will completely winterize your exterior faucets against freezing conditions. You’ll be able to get through the winter without risking any plumbing damage or burst pipes.
If you have any troubles when you review this October home maintenance list, please connect with Gibbon’s Heating & Air Conditioning
- Saskatoon Plumbing & Heating
- Furnace Installation & Repair
- Garage Heaters
- Air Conditioning
- Water Heaters
- Gas Line Installation
- Water Softeners
“A History of Professionalism, A Foundation of Trust”