What You Need to Know About Gas Lines, Expert Repair & Installation
Gas lines are convenient and necessary for cooking appliances and barbecues, but malfunctioning or ill-fitting lines can cause frustration, stress, worry and real danger. These lines will either have to be repaired or replaced. However, enlisting the help of a pro, like a Gibbon technician, for gas line repair and/or installation can alleviate some of this stress and ensure line safety and efficiency. There are, of course, some things you should know before your gas line installation.
Reasons for New Gas Line Installation
There are many reasons to have a new gas line installed. Knowing the common reasons for an installation could help you figure out if it’s truly the best option for your situation. Just remember that whatever the reason, gas lines should always be installed by professionals. Some of the most common reasons for line installation include:
- Updating old gas appliances
- Installing new gas appliances
- Replacing old and deteriorating pipes
- During a new build or construction of a new home
- Building an addition onto an existing home
- Switching from oil to gas appliances
Common Gas Line Issues
There are many issues that may occur in gas lines and pipe fittings. The three most common issues include, cracked seals, corroded connectors or joints and wrongly-sized fittings.
- Cracked seals: Over time, bell joint or spigot seals can crack or dry out. This can create a dangerous situation because gas lines rely heavily on these seals. So, when this occurs, the line should be repaired or replaced immediately.
- Corroded connectors and joints: As joints and connectors age and wear down, their protective layer corrodes, which can cause major problems within the gas line.
- Wrongly-sized fittings: Fittings that are the wrong size or improperly installed can cause dangerous situations and problems within a gas line.
Why Choose a Professional Installation?
Once again, gas lines should only be professionally installed. The pros know the procedures for a proper, safe and efficient installation, as well as any safety and building codes. A professional installation is the best way to ensure the safety of your family and property. It’s also the best way to ensure that no future gas line issues will arise. Plus, professional work comes with future maintenance, emergency service (if needed) and a guarantee.
If you’re ready to have a gas line installed, or you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our reputable team.